If you’re looking to participate in the 2018 season of the Paladins Console Series, check out our updated information on the PCS:
In case you missed it, yesterday the brand new Paladins Console Series tournament was announced. And now that you have all the details on on the whens and the wheres, let’s delve into the hows.
NO PRE REGISTRATION REQUIRED. FOLLOW THESE STEPS AND YOU ARE SET.
PRIOR TO CHECKING IN. DO THIS NOW OR ASAP.
- Assemble a full team of 5 (plus a max of three subs) and appoint a captain of the team. Choose wisely, the captain is the spokesman of the team and he is responsible for communicating with the admins and other team captains.
- Collect your team info necessary for the check-in process:
team name, captain name (in-game name), captain e-mail address (gmail required), captain discord name, secondary way to contact captain, assistant discord name, all player and sub names.
- Join the official tournament discord: www.discord.gg/paladinsworld to receive all necessary tournament notifications.
- Go over the full rule set here to avoid unexpected surprises.
- Wait for your region’s check-ins to open. You can find the check-ins in the official tournament discord server. A notification will show up when they are open.
- Follow the check-in link and enter all info you collected earlier. Double check that you are on your systems check-in page (Xbox or PS4)
- Agree to the terms and conditions and submit the form.
- All done! Now you wait. Screwed up your check-in or need something edited? Contact an admin, do not submit another check-in form.
- Once the check-ins close the administrators will need 15 minutes to construct the brackets. After that you will receive your opponent. What happens next will be explained to the team captains at that moment.
TIPS AND INFO:
- Make sure you and your teammates have appropriate names. This also goes for team names. Any names deemed inappropriate by the admins will have to be changed. Unsure about your name? Contact an admin on discord. Please refer to rule 1.2.7. And 1.2.10. In the full competitive rule set for more info.
- Bring your sportsmanship. Display well-mannered behavior throughout the duration of the tournament to both the players and administrators. Good behavior is also expected in all public areas. Refer to rule section 4.5 for more info.
- Expect moments of downtime for your team. When other teams are still playing their rounds you may experience some downtime. We are doing everything to get you in your match as soon as possible.