Paladins Rivals Series Rule set
- 1. Every team must read, understand and agree to the rules for participation in the Paladins Rivals Series (the “Rules”). Thereafter, each player is expected and required to abide by the Rules, and any failure to follow them will result in punitive measures, including but not limited to all items listed in Section 4.8.
- 2. Each player may only use their own account.
- 3. Each player must be thirteen (13) years of age or older pursuant to the Paladins Terms of Service.
- 4. Each must be present throughout the entire tournament, regardless of whether the player is currently playing, waiting to play, or otherwise occupied.
- 5. Each player is required to have been checked-in by the time defined in Section 2.1.
- 1. Players may only participate in the Paladins Rivals Series event that is within their own region.
a. Players may only participate in one (1) regions Paladins Rivals Series at one time. (i.e. a Russian player may participate in the European tournament but not both simultaneously).
- 2. Champions, Cards, or other In-Game content may be banned throughout anytime of the Paladins Rivals Series. Teams will be made aware of such bans at the earliest convenience of an Administrator.
- 3. Certain areas within maps are illegal to go with any champion in Paladins. It will be up to an administrator’s discretion on which areas are illegal to move, play, etc and players will be given this information before the start of the tournament.
- 4. An Administrator has the right to deem any name or tag inappropriate. If a name or tag is flagged inappropriate, teams or players must change it to something that is approved before he/she may be able to compete.
- 5. Paladins World holds the right to deny any representation of unwanted sponsors which can include, but not limited to: Gambling Sites, drugs, illegal activity, pornography, tobacco, competitors.
- 6. Players may only use in-game names with characters A-Z or 0-9. No special characters may be used.
- 7. Players may not change their name without bringing it to an Admin’s attention.
- 1. The Paladins Rivals Series will be three (3) weeks of open bracket tournaments where players will earn points based on their placement each week. The top sixteen (16) players with the most points in each region will advance to the finals week. These weeks combined will be defined as a “phase”.
a. Two tournaments will run on a weekly basis: Times TBA
b. European Check-In times are thirty (30) minutes prior to the start of the tournament.
- 2. North America Check-In times are thirty (30) minutes prior to the start of the tournament.
a. North American tournaments must be played on a North American server and European tournaments must be played on an European server.
- 3. The tournament will be a single elimination tournament. The entire tournament will be played in a Best of One (1) format with the Semi-Finals and Grand Finals being played in a Best of Three (3) format.
- 4. The tournament game mode will be “Siege” and Blind Pick. This may change week to week and it is up to an Administrator’s discretion on what game mode the tournament will be played in.
- 5. The map played in Best of One (1) matches will change week to week and will be announced prior to the start of the Tournament.
- 6. The map rotation for Best of Three (3) matches is as described below:
b. Frog Isle
c. Serpent Beach
- 7. During the entire tournament all frontlines will be banned, in addition to that each player is able to ban three champions each to their liking.
- 8. A game cannot end in a tie.
- 9. Additional restrictions may be added at any time before or during a Game or Match by an Administrator if a known or “game breaking” Bug is found.
a. Each player shall use his or her best efforts to report any Bugs found immediately at the end of each Game. Any player knowingly using one (1) or more Bugs to his or her advantage will be immediately disqualified from the Tournament.
2.2 TOURNAMENT POINTS
- 1. Teams will accumulate points throughout participation in the Paladins Rivals Series. Points will be given accordingly:
a. 1st: 100 points
b. 2nd: 60 points
c. 3rd: 40 points
d.4th: 25 points
e. 5-8th: 10 points
f. 9-16th: 5 points
g. 17th-32nd: 2 points
- 2. In order for a player to maintain their points throughout the Paladins Qualifiers, Players must follow the rules.
- 1. Players are required to be available to play at anytime between the end of the check-in period and until elimination.
- 2. Teams may not create a Game or start a Match until an Administrator provides the appropriate permission.
- 3. High standards are expected from every player competing at all times. Each player must follow the Paladins Terms of Service that he or she agreed to upon signing up for an account, including Item 12 (Online Rules of Conduct). Failure to abide by the Paladins Terms of Service may result in punitive measures, including but not limited to disqualification, suspension from future events, and/or termination of your account.
a. Each player must also display well-mannered behavior throughout the entire duration of the Paladins Rivals Series. This includes before, during, or after the series. Good behavior is expected in all public areas of interaction which include but are not limited to Twitch, Twitter, Facebook, and the in-game Paladins Client. You may also refer to Section 4.6 for additional rules on player behavior.
b. Poor or negative behavior towards Hi-Rez staff, PaladinsWorld staff, sponsors, or other players will not be acceptable and punitive measures will be assessed.
c. Harassment and sexual harassment towards any player or staff member will result in punitive measures pursuant to section 4.8.
- 4. Cheating is strictly prohibited. No player should be manipulating game files, using unapproved game modifications, or any other method by which one may gain an unfair advantage over another player.
a. Any players found cheating are subject to removal of all Hi-Rez Studios related and sponsored tournaments as well as permanently banned in Paladins.
b. If any player is found using such cheats or injectors during competitive play, all games that were affected due to cheats will be subject to forfeiture and other potential penalties.
- 5. Collusion, intentionally losing a game, or any other action of a similar or reprehensible nature will not be tolerated. Each player shall use his or her best efforts to compete in a sportsmanlike manner.
- 6. Abusing spectator, including but not limited to stream sniping and/or ghosting will be treated as cheating. If a team or player is suspected of cheating, the Administrators reserve the right to take punitive measures.
- 7. If a player account is suspended for at least six (6) days or is permanently banned (even if the suspension/ban does not overlap the tournament period), he or she will not be allowed to participate.
a. Players must use the name that they checked in with at the start of the tournament. If a player has changed their name from a previous week, they must bring it to an Admins attention before the tournament has started to keep their seeding points.
b. A player may not change his/her’s name in the middle of a tournament. Once the first round of the tournament beings, he/she must maintain the same name that they played under from the start of the tournament to finish.
- 8. Players that are due for winnings will be given documents and other requirements at the end of the Paladins Qualifiers. Players are required to have each of these items finalized, signed and/or completed by a specified date determined by the Administrator. Players who do not submit their documentation on time will have their winnings held until all necessary documents are submitted.
3.2 PAUSE AND STOPPAGE OF TIME
- 1. Each Player is allowed a maximum of one (1) pause per Game. Pauses cannot exceed more than three (3) minutes. Once the issue is resolved, the Players will confirm with an Administrator that each is ready to unpause. Only at that point does the pause timer stop. Any additional pauses may be provided by the Administrators.
a. Players may only use the allowed pause time for their own use.
b. A player may only pause the game if any of the following are met:
1. One (1) or more players have disconnected from the Game due to any form of network disconnect or computer crash.
2. One (1) or more players are experiencing technical malfunctions related to hardware or software problems.
3. One (1) or more players are experiencing severe illness.
- 2. The Player must immediately tell an administrator when a game has been paused. Upon pausing, the Player must give the ingame time as well as the reason for the pause.
3.3 ADMINISTRATOR RULES
- 1. Administrators will be checking each name and will make sure the players are logged into the proper accounts.
- 2. Administrators will be in charge of initiating the start of each Game.
- 3. Each and every pause and unpause must be approved by an Administrator pursuant to Section 3.2.
- 4. Each Administrator reserves the sole discretion to determine the final outcome and results of any Game and/or Match he or she is presiding over. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Kenneth “Fazion” Bellefroid may override any Administrator decision.
3.4 SETUP TIME
- 1. “Setup Time” means the time between Matches. The designated time will be the moment shortly after the completion of a full match series to the time right before the next match series begins.
- 2. During Setup Time, every team must:
a. Immediately communicate with the Admins on previous match results with a match ID, point score and winner of the game.
b. Consult and prepare with the Admins for the next game or match.
c. Ensure each player’s computer and peripherals are working appropriately.
d. Use the bathroom or attend to other personal needs.
3.5 SPECTATING AND STREAMING
- 1. Abusing spectator, including but not limited to stream sniping and/or ghosting will be treated as cheating. If a player is suspected of cheating, the Administrators reserve the right to take punitive measures.
- 2. Players are allowed to stream matches.
4.1 GENERAL RULES
- 1. A “Game” is defined as an instance of Tournament competition where the outcome is determined by either the completion of the objective, a team surrendering, or a team being disqualified.
- 2. A “Match” is defined as a full set of Games (i.e., a best of three (3) series) that is played until a team wins a majority of the set.
- 3. This is a single elimination tournament. The entire tournament will be in a best of one (1) format with the Semi-Finals and Grand Finals being a best of three (3) format. Games must be created as stated in Section 2.1.
- 4. When a Player is disqualified from a Game, Match, or the Tournament, it will automatically be given the loss for that said Game or Match, as well as potentially being removed from the remainder of the Tournament.
a. Any Player that is disqualified from the Tournament will forfeit all prizing, outstanding per diem, and benefits that they may have earned related to the Tournament. Disqualifications may be awarded after the tournaments completion OR prior to the tournaments completion but after a team’s elimination.
b. Any Player that refuses to play games in the Paladins Rivals Series will forfeit all prizing and benefits that they may have earned related to the Tournament.
4.2 PUNCTUALITY OF PLAYERS AND TEAMS
- 1. Each Game is expected to start within three (3) minute of an Administrator’s request. If a Game does not start within the three (3) minute period, any teams present must contact an Administrator immediately with a compelling reason for the delay.
4.3 DELAY OF GAME
- 1. We allow a five (5) minute delay between matches. This allows the Casters to take a short break in-between matches, and both Tournament spectators and Players to take a break themselves.
- 2. Players are required to get an Administrator approval for delays that will last more than five (5) minutes.
- 3. During the Tournament, some Games may be requested to be held or gated based on the Tournament schedule.
a. Players are required to check with an Administrator and verify whether the next Game is on time. This process is to ensure everyone is communicating and informed about the Tournament schedule.
b. In special cases where one (1) or more Games must be held over thirty (30) minutes, Administrators will be in close contact with the affected teams. Players must remain in the Tournament area during this time and be prepared to play upon notice.
- 4. In the case of a player’s client loading slowly or a Game crashing upon loading, an immediate pause may be issued until all players successfully load in and connect. The applicable Player shall notify an Administrator of this process immediately upon pause.
4.4 PLAYER DISCONNECTS
- 1. If a player fails to load into a Game or disconnects during a Game where no character kills have occurred, the following shall apply:
a. Either Player may request a remake of the Game. Any remake must be approved by the appropriate Administrator. Players must continue playing the original Game until an Administrator approves the remake. Remake requests from an individual team will only be awarded once per Game, unless otherwise determined by two (2) or more Administrators.
- 2. If a player disconnects during a Game where character kills have occurred, there will be no remake unless otherwise
- 3. In the event of a remake, both teams must pick the same characters as in the previous Game.
4.5 UNFAIR / MANNERED PLAY
- 1. The following are considered unfair play:
a. The use of any type of injector, cheat, map hack program, or any other third party program or device as further described in Sections 3.1.
b. Intentional pausing, as further described in Section 3.2, or disconnecting.
c. Unsportsmanlike conduct, including but not limited to inappropriate actions directed toward other players, the audience, Administrators, or other Hi-Rez Studios personnel, or inappropriate actions directly affecting the Game such as intentional feeding or collusion as further described in Section 3.1.
d. Interacting with any livestream chat on Twitch or any other similar website prior to the official broadcast showing the Game is complete.
e. Violating the Paladins Terms of Service as further described in Section 3.1.
- 2. Private messaging another player during the Tournament is strictly prohibited.
- 3. Each player shall use his or her best efforts to act as a well-mannered individual throughout the tournament. Examples of poor manners include, but are not limited to, the following:
a. Constant emote spam in-game, including taunting.
b. Verbally taunting another team or player.
c. Sending messages to a player before, during, or after a game.
d. Spamming any unnecessary pinging in game, including during a pause.
- 4. If a Player shows signs of not trying or not putting forward the best play, the Administrators reserve the right to evaluate the situation and disqualify that said Player.
4.6 GAME VICTORIES
- 1. Each Game must be played until the final objective is completed or until a Player surrenders in order to receive a victory.
4.7 GAME VICTORIES
- 1. If any player or team violates a rule contained herein, the player or team as a whole may be subject to disqualification, including forfeiture of any and all payments from Hi-Rez Studios associated with the Tournament. Other punitive measures may include, but are not limited to: suspension or prohibition from participating in future Hi-Rez Studios events.
- 2. Rules are enforced and handled completely by the PaladinsWorld Administrative team. Teams do not have the option to decline any penalties being assessed onto their opponents.
5.1 GENERAL RULES
- 1. Players shall not type or otherwise participate in any livestream chat until coverage of any Game they were participating in has concluded. This includes during any Game pause. The purpose behind this restriction is to avoid spoiling events to the audience because all broadcasting is sent out on a delay.
- 2. If a team wins one or more prizes, the email address given on the check-in form will be used to continue communication with the team. Hi-Rez Studios will need to obtain contact and shipping information from each player receiving prizing throughout the tournament.
6. RULES DISCLAIMER
All rules are subject to an Administrator’s interpretation. PaladinsWorld reserves the right to modify, add, or delete rules at any time, without prior notice and/or reason. Unless otherwise stated, all decisions made by an Administrator pursuant to these rules are final and binding upon all applicable parties. If you do not agree with all of the rules and stipulations listed above, you may not participate in the Tournament. By requesting entry into the Tournament, you represent and warrant to PaladinsWorld that you have read, understand, and agree to these rules and stipulations, and promise to act in compliance with such rules and stipulations at all times.